Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

well, its my least favorite holiday of the year
and we know I don't really like any of them.

but this year I got to organize the easter egg hunt at church...
that gave me something to be excited about.

I had 184 eggs to fill with whatever I wanted.
I wanted to avoid candy but some of it was given to us so I kinda had to use it.

So I went online to find little party favors and found some awesome stuff at party city.
I went to party city only to be slightly disappointed that they didn't have as much there as online.
but we did find some great stuff like bubbles and bouncy balls to put in the eggs.

I was very happy with how we filled them
I think all the kids got lots of great stuff.

then sunday morning it was off to church
in the middle of the service my mom and I left to go hide the eggs outside
so they were ready when the kids came out.

We hid them in bushes and trees and some just in the grass for the little ones.
(and yes one way up in a tree so the kid had to climb to get it)
I was not responsible for that, the pastor was.

The kids had a ton of fun finding the eggs and seemed happy with what was inside.

after church it was home so the whole family could come over for brunch.
they came, they ate, we watched lucas a bit, then it was over.

it was a pretty simple little day. and that was perfectly alright with me.

1 comment:

  1. a blog for me to read. Im so so excited.

    and so glad Easter was simple sweet!

    ReplyDelete