Wednesday, May 12, 2010

houses

so I am on a house hunt...
I don't really know what I am looking for because this is an investment not a dream home.
but so far I have been inside 3 homes
well one of them was really bad, needed a lot of work and smelled aweful and it had a tini tiny backyard which I just don't think I will ever be okay with
then the next one was okay, needs some love but could be really nice I think.but the yard is a bit smaller than I would like.
but the third one...well i fell in love with the backyard. the house is nice to. i mean it may not be perfect but I think its really nice, the only problem...it is already pending sale...or so some people think or who really knows because every website and every person you talk to has a different story...
now i will say there are a few down sides....
there are only 2 bedrooms which is not as good for resale value, the driveway is only wide enough for one car...long enough for two but the whole tandom parknig thing annoys me because I have been spoiled not having to deal with it. then i thought the living and dining rooms were a fine size but when my dad saw it he said that the living room was small which now concerns me slightly. also, the dirveway is not very flat so working on a car in the drive way may not be the easiest tihng...but im telling you the house is adorable...it has a good size backyard with awesome trees...a cement wall for kicking a soccer ball... plenty of room to run with kids and play fetch with a dog, a nice view over some just open space which is nice...the front has an adorable patio/porch which i can totally see sitting on a swing and watching the sunset...the inside of the house is nice, not necessarily all brand new and perfect but nice and totally liveable.
I really like the house a lot....just wish there was more i could find out about what was really going on...i have been told that if the pending sale falls through i will be the first to know and one website says it is going to auction next week and my parents have already agreed to go to that and see if it is actually being auctioned off because if it is that would just be amazing...a really good price and a really quick "Escrow" because i would only have to wait for the bank to sign papers not the normal like apparent 60 day crap that the other houses would be....but at the same time it is not likely any of that will happen seeing as how most people say the sale is pending and has been since december so i just don't know what to do...
waiting is really all i can do and of course hope that my car lasts long enough to not have to make the in its opinion long drive 4 days a week and seemingly more lately because of more work and other fun things going on.
anyway...those are my thoughts on houses for now...but it will be pretty cool to own my own home when im 22 or even 23 if it has to take that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment